EMEA Regional Council Meeting - 1 & 2 March 2016 - Madrid, Spain

Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

In 2015, the EMEA Regional Council, which was hosted in Florence, invited members for the first time from across our region to submit speaker abstracts for a member session talk of 15 minutes.

The result was hugely successful, with over 20 speakers from libraries in Europe, Middle East and Africa able to share experiences which enhanced the community's collective knowledge and understanding. So we are repeating our call for our Meeting in Madrid on 1 and 2 March 2016.

The theme next year is 'The Selfie Generation, their digital lives, social spaces and education needs.' A description of the theme can be found here.

We want to hear your suggestions.

How do your libraries, archives and museums connect to young audiences?

What use are you making of social media platforms to engage with the selfie generation and beyond?

What changes are you making to accommodate the new education needs of young people?

To submit a proposal for a breakout talk, please fill in the form. You can submit on your own or with colleagues from another institution. Forms must be submitted in English by 23 September 2015.

Talks will be reviewed after that date and we will seek to group talks from 2-3 institutions into common themes that will make for interesting and engaging member sessions at the Meeting.