------pls forward to friends and other mailing lists------
2nd Session of the Internet Conference on Integrated Bio-Systems (ICIBS)
05 Oct - 27 Nov 1998.
Full text of papers will be available at
http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs or upon request by airmail.
05-30 Oct.: Anaerobic Digestion
1) David Riggle (USA) Anaerobic digestion for MSW and industrial
2) Francisco A Moog (Philippines) Promotion and utilization of
polyethylene biodigester in small farming systems in the
05-30 Oct.: Integrated bio-systems in agriculture
3) Arsenia G. Cagauan (Philippines) Azolla-fish-rice integrated
4) Asifo O Ajuyah (Western Samoa) The Potential of Integrated
Bio-systems in Small Pacific Island Countries
5) Kangmin Li (P.R. China) Chinese rice-fish farming system
6) Lylian Rodriguez, Thomas R Preston and Nguyen Van Lai (Vietnam).
Integrated farming systems for efficient use of local resources
2-27 Nov.: Integrated Bio-systems in agriculture
7) Bui Xuan Men*, Brian Ogle & Thomas Preston (Vietnam) Studies on
Duck Production in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam
8) Martin Medina (Mexico) Role of Scavengers in Integrated Bio-Systems:
Some Past and Present Experiences
9) Rongjun Chen (P.R. China) Livestock-biogas-fruit systems in South China
10) Albertina Lourenci (Brazil) Integrating architectural designs with
2-27 Nov.: Biofuels
11) M.Bekers & U.Viesturs (Latvia) Integrated bio-system for biofuel
production from agricultural raw materials in Latvia
12) Tommy Mansson* & Eng-Leong Foo (Sweden) Swedish efforts in
integrating bio-fuels as alternative fuels for transportation in
lorries and cars
13) Galina Telysheva et al (Latvia) Integrated management of forest
resources with special attention to energy from renewables
The ICIBS is jointly organized by the Inst. of Advanced Studies of the
United Nations University, Tokyo (http:/www.ias.unu.edu) and the UNESCO
Microbial Resources Centre, Stockholm
REGISTRATION: no registration fee
ET-W1 - for paper discussions on "Integrated BioSystems in Agriculture"
ET-W10 - for paper discussions "Anaerobic Digestion" and "Biofuels"
HOW TO JOIN: Paper discussions will take place via mailing lists. To join a
mailing list, e-mail [log in to unmask] and use the subscription
SUB mailinglist yourfirstname yourlastname (organization)
e.g. send the message
SUB ET-W1 Jacky Foo (UNESCO MIRCEN-Stockholm)
If your email address ends with ".org", ".com", ".net", ".edu", please
write the name of your country.
e.g. send the message:
SUB ET-10 Tori Yoshida (Tokyo Univ., Japan)
REQUEST FOR PAPERS VIA AIRMAIL
Please send your request(s) with your postal address to the ICIBS
secretariat ([log in to unmask]). IMPORTANT: this service is intended to assist
participants who have no local means to retrieve the papers from the web or
have to pay e.g. 10 USD per hour web connection time and when 10 USD means
1 or more days from their monthly salary.