Subject: Re: Remove
From: Kerstin Mickelsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:32:15 +0200

At 21.09 1997-10-14 +0200, you wrote:
>At 20:05 1997-10-14 +0200, you wrote:
>>>>>
>We found your name on a list that indicates
>you have an interest in this kind of offer.
>To be removed from our list, simply reply
>to this message with the single word "REMOVE"
>in the subject line.
>

>We would like to give you FREE software programs
>just to introduce you to the easiest and most
>cost-effective way to get software...
>The Computer Bits & Bytes Download Store.
>These programs are NOT demos or shareware...
>they are full retail versions worth $20!
>
>Simply visit our store at:
>
>http://www.combits.com
>
>and click the "FREE SOFTWARE" button.
>No obligation...no gimmicks...NO KIDDING!
>Enjoy these free programs on us!
>While you're there, check out the rest of our
>store.  You'll find hundreds of programs for
>less than $10!  As well as names you'll know
>like Webfoot Games at discounted prices...
>and best of all, you can be up and running
>with your new software in minutes...not days!
>
>So drop buy our store...and save!
>http://www.combits.com
>****************************************************************** FREE
SPEECH Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
--- Amendment I, The US Constitution There are a few people on the Internet
who complain whenever they received unsolicited mail. Many of these
individuals are the same people who feel that the World Wide Web, Online
Services and the Internet should have never been commercialized. These
"computer hippies" resent the presence of businesses on the Internet. The
vast majority of people appreciate short, informative messages about useful
new products and/or services and do NOT want any "computer hippies" and
immature nerds interfering with their ability to receive potentially
valuable information on the Internet since that's what the Internet is
supposed to be all about! Whether or not you like receiving E-mail, if you
are a true American, then you will fight for anybody's right to do so.  Most
Americans and the vast majority of people on the Internet are opposed to
imposed censorship in any form. We are continually amazed at how quickly
people applaud the loss of their freedoms. Without freedom of speech, WE
HAVE LOST EVERYTHING our society stands for. If you are irritated by
unsolicited E-mails, JUST IGNORE THEM, THIS IS THE COST OF A FREE SOCIETY!
PAY YOUR DUES! One thing that has to be said for E-mail over snail mail,  is
that no trees had to be cut down to send E-mail.

*********************************
Kerstin Mickelsson
University Library
Head, Circulation Department