Subject: Useful applications for older, DOS-based PCs. free software.
From: gene o'regon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 May 1996 13:06:00 CDT

        Many schools, libraries, offices and homes still retain one or more older
IBM-compatible PCs -- 286 or 386, DOS-based, small RAM, small disk drive,
etc.  There's usually a very good reason for such retention -- after the
first few times you are diappointed on promised funding, you realize that
any asset is better than none.

        Such older PCs are useful for many tasks.  Easy-to-use FREE software is now
available, SquareNote3.5, which runs well on almost all older PCs, as well
as the newest PCs.

        SquareNote is ideal for maintaining a "daily journal," bibliography list,
collection list, list of people you contact regularly, and for organizing
research notes.  These applications may be of use to your tasks and goals.
Set of Swedish characters included, so typing data is easier.