Subject: 1,419,463,282 människor i Kina har inte längre tillgång till Wikipedia
From: Jan Szczepanski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 May 2019 20:15:21 +0200

All language editions of Wikipedia have been blocked in mainland China
since April, the Wikimedia foundation has confirmed.

Internet censorship researchers found that Wikipedia had joined
thousands of other websites which cannot be accessed in China.

The country had previously banned the Chinese language version of the
site, but the block has now been expanded.

Wikimedia said it had received "no notice" of the move.

In a statement, the foundation said: "In late April, the Wikimedia
Foundation determined that Wikipedia was no longer accessible in
China. After closely analysing our internal traffic reports, we can
confirm that Wikipedia is currently blocked across all language
versions."

The free community-edited encyclopaedia has been intermittently
blocked by authorities around the world.

In 2017, the site was blocked in Turkey and it has been blocked
intermittently in Venezuela this year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48269608

Jan

--
Jan Szczepański
F.d Förste bibliotekarie och chef för f.d Avdelningen för humaniora,