Subject: Den digitala kolonialismen
From: Mikael Book <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Apr 2018 12:38:21 +0300

Hej!

Juristen Renata Avila från Guatemala intervjuas om den digitala
kolonialismen för Internet Health Report 2018, se
https://internethealthreport.org/2018/resisting-digital-colonialism/

Utdrag:

"Q: What do you suggest as a way to resist digital colonialism?

A: We do not need to resist it, we need to end it.
We need accelerated regulatory reform in the spirit of antitrust
legislation. We need to contain the expansion of big tech and their
ability to extract data from people on abusive terms.
We need a reinvented knowledge and data commons, and we need to innovate
collaborative, publicly funded forms of artificial intelligence for the
common good.
This is not a job for grassroots movements alone. To burn down digital
colonialism we need governments, municipalities, regions, cooperatives,
collective forms of social innovation and collaboration. We need everyone
to become aware of what's at stake, so we can take back our public
infrastructure, and build our own sustainable platforms for the future."

Jag tror att också Biblioteken behövs för att sätta punkt för den globala
kolonialismen.

Vad tror ni andra?

Mvh

Mikael

Mikael Böök * [log in to unmask] * gsm +358(0)-44 5511 324 *
http://www.kaapeli.fi/book/  * http://bibliotekettarsaka.wordpress.com *
http://blog.spinellisfootsteps.info/