Subject: Institutionella arkiv ingenting för forskningen
From: Jan Szczepanski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:45:52 +0200

Peter Murray-Rust, en framträdande företrädare för OA-rörelsen skriver på sin
petermr's blog om arkiv.
Kritiken är tung av institutionella arkiv  men han har också
konstruktiva förslag om
hur arkiven kan förbättras.

Citat:

I’ve been writing a lot about “Repositories” and I am going to stop
writing about them.
My 6+ years of involvement with formal “repositories”, essentially
Institutional Repositories (IRs),
has convinced me that their design and philosophy is completely wrong
for modern scientific
research, especially data-driven research. They can’t be mended or
adapted for science. Where
their purposes are clear (and most do not have single clear purposes)
they are designed and
used for static book-like and article-like objects such as theses,
e-articles and reports. The
purposes are usually either preservation or research management for
the university’s benefit.
They are heavily institution-oriented and so only of interest to
depositors and users closely
involved with the institution. Nothing wrong with that, but some
practitioners and advocates go
beyond that and suggest they are general solutions – they are not and
they will never be.

http://blogs.ch.cam.ac.uk/pmr/2011/08/

Om Peter Murray-Rust på Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Murray-Rust

Intervju från 2008
http://www.richardpoynder.co.uk/Interview_Murray-Rust.pdf

Jan

--
Jan Szczepanski
F.d Förste bibliotekarie och chef för  f.d. Avdelningen för humaniora