Subject: Pressrelease: Exlibris ägare köper Endeavour från Elsevier
From: Kristian Wallin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:15:47 +0100

Francisco Partners to Acquire Endeavor Information Systems from Elsevier

Endeavor to be merged with Ex Libris, to create global leader in library
software and services

Menlo Park, London, Chicago, Amsterdam, Jerusalem. November 20, 2006—
Francisco Partners, one of the world’s largest technology-focused private
equity funds, today announced that it has entered into a definitive
agreement with Elsevier for the acquisition of 100% of the shares of
Endeavor Information Systems, Inc., an Elsevier company. Endeavor will be
merged with Ex Libris, which was acquired by Francisco Partners earlier
this year.  The combined entity will be a leading force in the library
software and services marketplace and will retain the Ex Libris Group name
and be headed by Matti Shem Tov, president and chief executive officer of
Ex Libris.

The acquisition of Endeavor will establish the new Ex Libris Group and its
portfolio of library systems and services as the clear choice for libraries
seeking proven solutions that are both forward looking and cost effective.
In the coming years, the company will continue the development and support
of flagship integrated library systems from both companies, Ex Libris
ALEPH® 500 and Endeavor’s Voyager®.  New versions of both systems will be
released as planned in 2007. The Ex Libris and Endeavor management teams
will be working closely over the coming weeks, in consultation with
industry leaders and customers, to complete the roadmap for the combined
product portfolio.

Together, the Ex Libris and Endeavor customer communities include nine of
the top ten universities in the world and 39 of the top 50, according to
Newsweek International Edition (“The Top 100 Global Universities”); 25
national libraries; and five of the six largest libraries in the world.

“Today we are combining two market-leading companies to create the most
powerful library software portfolio in the industry,” said Matti Shem Tov,
Ex Libris Group president and CEO. “Leveraging the extensive experience and
technologies as well as the dedicated, skilled staff of both companies, we
will now be even better equipped to provide our customers with next-
generation library products. We welcome Endeavor’s customers to the Ex
Libris community and, with this important acquisition, look forward to
delivering significant value for our combined customer base.”

“The decision to seek a new owner for Endeavor business was made after we
carefully considered the rapid pace of change in the library software and
services marketplace,” said Herman van Campenhout, CEO, Elsevier Science &
Technology. “Based on that review, we concluded that Endeavor, its
employees, and its customers will greatly benefit from becoming part of a
company, such as Ex Libris, that is solely focused on leading the library
software market.”

Andrew Gray, a principal with Francisco Partners, commented, “Ex Libris and
Endeavor are natural partners. With joined forces, the Ex Libris Group will
carry on the two companies’ longstanding tradition of collaborating with
libraries and industry stakeholders to establish industry standards and
will continue to deliver solutions that best serve the needs of libraries,
information centers, and researchers.”

“This is an exciting time for Ex Libris and Endeavor as it represents the
coming together of two strong and visionary organizations,” noted Endeavor
CEO Roland Dietz. “With our joint research and development, we will be
better positioned to bring leading edge solutions to market more quickly
while continuing to build upon our foundation of high quality service and
partnership with our respective customers.”

About Elsevier
Elsevier is a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical
information products and services. Working in partnership with the global
science and health communities, Elsevier’s 7,000 employees in over 70
offices worldwide publish more than 2,000 journals and 1,900 new books per
year, in addition to offering a suite of innovative electronic products,
such as ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com/), MD Consult
(http://www.mdconsult.com/), Scopus (http://www.info.scopus.com/),
bibliographic databases, and online reference works.

Elsevier (http://www.elsevier.com/) is a global business headquartered in
Amsterdam, The Netherlands and has offices worldwide. Elsevier is part of
Reed Elsevier Group plc (http://www.reedelsevier.com/), a world-leading
publisher and information provider. Operating in the science and medical,
legal, education and business-to-business sectors, Reed Elsevier provides
high-quality and flexible information solutions to users, with increasing
emphasis on the Internet as a means of delivery. Reed Elsevier's ticker
symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and
ENL (New York Stock Exchange).

About Francisco Partners
With approximately $5 billion of capital under management, Francisco
Partners (FP) is one of the world's largest technology-focused private
equity funds. The firm was founded to pursue structured investments in
technology companies at strategic, technological, and operational
inflection points. FP pursues investment opportunities where domain
knowledge, strategic insight, and long-term focus generate a differentiated
view of investment value and drive superior investment returns. FP makes
majority and minority investments in private companies, public companies,
and divisions of public companies. The principals of Francisco Partners
have a proven track record, having invested in excess of $3 billion of
equity capital in over 50 technology companies. For additional information
on Francisco Partners, see http://www.franciscopartners.com.

About Ex Libris
Ex Libris is a leading worldwide developer and provider of high-performance
applications for libraries, information centers, and researchers, with
installations in 64 countries. ALEPH® 500, the Ex Libris integrated library
solution, is in use at over 1700 sites worldwide. Other products from the
Ex Libris suite, deployed at over 1000 sites, focus on the digital library
and offer state-of-the-art, user-centric solutions for managing, and
providing informed access to, electronic resources and digital assets.
For additional information on Ex Libris, see http://www.exlibrisgroup.com.

About Endeavor Information Systems
Since 1994, Endeavor Information Systems Inc. has pioneered the development
of advanced library management software systems. In use at more than 1600
institutions worldwide, Endeavor’s full suite of products offer superior
functionality coupled with intuitive interfaces that increase usability and
efficiency.

For additional information on Endeavor Information Systems, see
http://www.endinfosys.com.

Media Contacts
Endeavor Information Systems: Randy Frink
+1.847.227.4839

Ex Libris Group: Nancy Dushkin
+1.617.202.2801

Vänligen