Help for ET-ANN Archives

ET-ANN Archives

Subject: Holiday Greetings and Happy New Year 2007
From: Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:24:10 +0100

Dear Friends (via ET-ANN)

As the year 2006 comes to an end, I hope that 2007 will be a happy and
productive one for all of us. This message is to thank you for 2006.

Thank you for following my professional activities via this e-mail
list. ET-ANN (http://segate.sunet.se/archives/et-ann.html) was created
in 1995 to distribute announcements of activities from UNU's (Tokyo)
Integrated Biosystems Network (now under IOBB
www.iobbnet.org/wg/ibs07) and later as my personal distribution list
for friends who also participated in various e-activities since 1982.

Between 2004 and 2006, you have received several announcements of
e-activities from IOBB (International Organization for Biotechnology
and Bioengineering) (www.iobbnet.org/web) and also from the IBS
network (http://www.iobbnet.org/wg/ibs07/ibs-forum.htm#IBS%20Activities).
I thank you for helping to distribute announcements to your friends
and for your participation/scientific contributions during those
activities. IOBB Secretariat will move from Stockholm to Kampala from
Jan 2007 with a new slate of officers
(http://www.iobbnet.org/news/elections-07-08.htm) in the Executive
Committee, National Representatives in several countries as well as
volunteers to coordinate working groups and support groups. There is a
good and active IOBB team for 2007 and 2008 and  you can also
anticipate many activities (check  http://www.iobbnet.org/forum). I
will leave the chair of IOBB to Dr. Charles K. Twesigye (Uganda) but
will continue to serve as coordinator of the IOBB Working Group on
Integrated Biosystems.

From next year, I will be developing project proposals and seeking
project funds; and seeking also assignments/contracts that will
hopefully give me salaried job in my area of interests and expertise
in programme coordination and full project cycle management in areas
such as sustainable agriculture and livelihood development, food
security and eco-restructuring of habitats and environment, esp. in
post-conflict/disaster areas, as well as network management, capacity
building of civil societies in eco- and rural development, etc. So if
you know of any such opportunities or would like to develop
cooperations with me, please let me know.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007

Regards
Jacky Foo
www.iobbnet.org
+++++++