Internet Conference on Material Flow Analysis of Integated Bio-Systems
Date: March-Oct 2000
Contact: Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
The IBSnet of IOBB (Integrated Bio-Systems Network of the International
Organization for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Australia) and the
UNU/IAS Alumni Association (Inst of Advanced Studies of the United Nations
Unversity, Japan) are happy to announce the final scientific programme of
the MFA Internet Conference
The Organizers, with the assistance of the MFA Conference Planning Group,
UNESCO Microbial Resources Centre, Stockholm welcome you to join this
unique Internet Conference where the full text of 25 papers will be
available discussion by email.
For information on how to join the different paper discussions,
please go to the Conference website
If you dont have web access, please contact [log in to unmask] for personal
March 3-28th :
1) Kangmin Li & Qiuhua Wang (P R China) :
Digester Fishpond Interaction in Integrated Biomass System
2) Julian David Chara, Elkin Dario Pulido & & Piedad Cuellar (Colombia) :
Material flow in "Pozo Verde" Integrated Farm in Cauca Valley
3) Paul Adler (USA) : Phytoremediation of aquaculture effluents.
4) Punya Prasad Regmi (Nepal) : Resource flow Analysis of the
Nepalese Mountain Farming System
5) Amrit B. Karki and Upendra Gautam (Nepal) : Community
Latrine-cum-biogas plant at Ward No. 1 of Pathari VDC of Morang
District of Nepal.
6) Xiangfu Song, Huodong Ying, Weiming Wu, Qianyu Jin, Guoyan
Zou and Kangmin Li (P.R. China) : Study on surface aquaponics
in natural waters with nutrient flow analysis
7) John Cline and Vernon Rood (Canada) : Rural Composting
Model for Organics Diversion
(8) E-L. Jacky Foo & Simon Appleby (Sweden/Indonesia) : Integrated
bio-system for a feedlot-abattoir-meat processing and research
complex in Bali
(9) Christina Aristanti (Indonesia) : From wastes to employment and
environment improvement opportunities.
(10) Hermenegildo Losada, R. Bennett, J. Vieyra, R. Soriano, J. Cortes
and S. Billing (Mexico) : Recycling of solid wastes in the east of
Mexico City by livestock and agricultural production systems.
(11) D. Craig Sheppard & G. Larry Newton (USA) : Black Soldier Fly
Larvae Produce High Quality Feedstuff from Manure
(12) Manfred Fehr, M.dos R. Calcado, D.C. Romao (Brazil) : Landfill
diversion of biodegradables seen and solved as an administrative
(13) Ann Jacob & H.S. Sudhira (India) : Reuse of byproducts of coir
industry: A Case Study.
(14) Arun H-Kittikun, P. Prasertsan, G. Srisuwan and A. Krause
(Thailand/Germany) : Environmental Management for Palm Oil in Mill
(15) Kefa V. O. Rabah (Kenya) : Application of Sugarcane Residues as
Biofuel for Cogeneration of Electricity Kenya.
(16) M. Kranert & K. Hillebrecht (Germany) : Anaerobic Digestion of
Organic Wastes - Process Parameters and Balances in Practice
(17) Anna Hedlund & Bui Xuan An (Sweden/Vietnam) : A theoretical
integrated nutrient flow on a farm with three sub-systems in
a village in Southern Vietnam
(18) Inge Lardinois & Rogier Marchand (The Netherlands) : Technical and
financial performance at integrated composting-waste management
project sites in the Philippines, India and Nepal.
(19) Jagannath Venkataramaih (India) : Validation of micro treatment
plants for community solid waste using Environmental Sound
(20) S.M. Shehata, S.A. El-Shimi, M. H. El Kattan, B. E. Aly,
S.M.El-Sayed, M.E. Mohmmed, S.A. Mohammed, A. M. Zaki,
Y.A. Hamdi, A.S. El Nawawy (Egypt) : Rural Development through
Integrated Waste Management in Egypt
Papers without scheduled month for paper discussions.
(21) Shanta Saha and B. B. Jana (India) : Nutrient reclamation in
wastewater fed facultative pond through management of
(22) E.T. Puttaiah, Manjappa. S & Yogendra. K. (India) : Increase
of fish yield and planktonic diversity due to improved water
quality in Navile Lake ecosystem, Shimoga, India.
(23) Jose Ignacio Ramirez, Bjorn Frostell, Raul Galindo Urra
(Sweden/Chile) : A Systems Approach Evaluation of Sludge
Management Strategies in Latinamerica. Case Study:
sludge management in Valparaiso and Aconcagua regions, Chile
(24) Khan Shahidul Huque & Huub J. Gijzen
(Bangladesh/the Netherlands) : Mass balancing of duckweed
and fish production systems of PRISM, Bangladesh.
(25) Vishwas Gokhale (India) : Integrated Waste Management
at Al Kabeer Export Limited, Hydrabad
Information on how to join is available at