EU Code Week

15-23 October
2016

EU Code Week 2016 is just around the corner - starting on Saturday 15 October and until Sunday 23 October 2016, thousands of coding events will be held all over the world. Events that show the young, adult or elderly how to bring ideas to life with code, that demystify these digital skills and bring motivated people together to learn. EU Code Week is a grassroots movement with thousands of events and hundreds of thousands of people getting in touch with coding and new digital skills.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED?

We want to invite all libraries to get involved in EU Code Week and start fun #coding and other #digitalmaking activities in their libraries.

Our toolkit for librarians gives you some ideas of how to start and explains how to sign up on the EU Code Week platform.

BE VISIBLE!

If you are already organising a coding event during EU Code Week, please make sure to add this event to the map! Just follow the instructions:

  1. Go to the events page
  2. Click ADD
  3. Sign in with your account
  4. Fill in and submit the event form

REMEMBER! Include the hashtag #LibrariesCodeEU in your event description. This will allow us to capture how many fantastic libraries have got involved.

MEMBER OF EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT at your library!

It's competition time! This is your chance to win a digital maker kit (produced by the Frysk Lab Library in the Netherlands), delivered to your library either by your country's Code Week Ambassador or a Member of the European Parliament!

All you need to do is show us how great your EU Code Week event was! We would love to see how creative you can be with coding at your library.  Send a picture or a short video along with a few lines of description that captures what your library did during Code Week EU. Do this by:

Good luck!

First promotional teaser- postcard

Generation Code: born at the library

We are super excited to be organising this unique and timely exhibition at the European Parliament as part of EU Code Week.

Our goal is to demonstrate the power of libraries in helping people with skills for life and for jobs, this time with a clear emphasis on digital skills.

The event is hosted by Members of the European Parliament: Antanas Guoga (Lithuania), Sean Kelly (Ireland), Michal Boni (Poland), Eva Paunova (Bulgaria) and Catherine Stihler (UK).

Visitors to the exhibition will have the chance to get a first-hand experience of coding, 3D printing, holographic projection, energy saving walkthroughs, and virtual reality. They will have a chat with Zora the robot, participate in short, fun and educational workshops, and get to know the next generation of library representatives from all EU Member States.

For more information about the event, please jump to our website.

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">

Copyright © 2014 Reading & Writing Foundation, all rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences