Help for GEOGRAPH Archives

GEOGRAPH Archives

Subject: Re: Where can atlas fans swap information?
From: Henrik Bddrnhielm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:17:42 +0100

Johnny Rowlando wrote:

> I collect atlases of various parts of the world. I can't seem to find any
> web pages or mailing lists to swap information with like minded people. I
> can't be the only atlas collector in the world! Any clues?

There *are* map collectors' societies and map dealers with web pages
both in the US and in Europe, also a MapHist mailing list, based at
Harvard I think, with historians, collectors and dealers as
contributors, but not discussing collecting as such. Try the following
URL which is European but *very* comprehensive:
http://kartoserver.frw.ruu.nl/HTML/staff/oddens/oddens.htm
Greetings
Goran Baarnhielm
--