Help for GEOGRAPH Archives

GEOGRAPH Archives

Subject: Budget mapping program?
From: Elizabeth Duran Gessner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:27:04 GMT

Greetings,

I am a writer on the history of food and am looking for a low-end
mapping program that would enable me to create historical maps to keep
track of my subject.  I don't need MapInfo or anything quite that
major, or at any rate, I hope I don't.  I am looking for something
that can create simple outline maps of major geographical areas (such
as the Iberian Peninsula, for example) to which I can add my own
information and system of marking - a sort of electronic version of
the map-and-overlay mapbooks used in schools in the long ago 1950's.
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Elizabeth Duran