Help for GEOGRAPH Archives

GEOGRAPH Archives

Subject: Re: DYNAMIC WORLD AND REGIONAL POLITICAL ATLAS
From: John O'Loughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:09:12 -0700

This project in effect has been completed as a commercial product.

CENTENNIA, a small company in Evanston Il. sells the files for about
$90.  We have a copy; If my memory is correct, the maps are complete
back to about 1650 with more details for Europe and the Middle East
than the rest of the world.  The changing world map is certainly
interesting to watch on the computer monitor but professional political
geographers might want more details than just border changes,  Its
Windows-based.

Colleagues may have seen the ads. in the back pages of the ECONOMIST over
the years; the company used to be MILLENIA and is now CENTENNIA. (or
vice-versa).

John O'Loughlin
Department of Geography and Institute of Behavioral Science
University of Colorado at Boulder
Campus Box 487
Boulder, CO.   80309-0487
Tel:   303.492.1619