Help for GEOGRAPH Archives

GEOGRAPH Archives

Subject: Re: Where can atlas fans swap information?
From: Wolf Roder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Jan 1997 07:52:24 -0500

>>>I collect atlases of various parts of the world. I can't seem to find any
web pages or mailing lists to swap information with like minded people. I
can't be the only atlas collector in the world! Any clues? <<

Old atlasses are often broken up, and sold as individual maps (so they
can be framed and hung), so I would look under antique maps, collecting.
See the books by R. V. Tooley, he has several on the subject.  I believe
there is also a magazine (Brit.).  There a certainly (a few) specialized
dealers.
Yours, Wolf ([log in to unmask])