Subject: Value of academic libraries to teaching and research staff - Last change to let us know your views!
From: Valerie Spezi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 May 2012 15:58:26 +0200

**** Apologies for cross-posting****

For those who haven’t completed our survey about the value of academic
libraries to teaching and research staff, there is still time to do it. The poll is
closing soon (16th May). It will only take about 10-15 minutes of your time,
and your feedback is very important. We would like to know your views on this
issue!

The survey can be accessed at the following Web address:
https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/lboro/sage-scand

For those who missed our first email, here is some background information:

•  How can you improve the communication and working relationships between
your library and academic departments?
•  How well are you marketing your teaching and research support services to
teaching and research staff?
•  Are you interested in proving your value to teaching and research staff in
their teaching and research activities?

The research team at LISU, Loughborough University (UK), has been
commissioned by SAGE, the Academic and Professional publisher, to undertake
research investigating the value of academic libraries for teaching and
research staff.

We have conducted 8 case studies in three regions – the UK, USA and
Scandinavia – to uncover examples of good practice. The intention is to
identify exemplars of good practice to raise the profile and value of the library
within the institution, and to teaching and research staff in particular.
Preliminary results have been made available on our website
(http://libraryvalue.wordpress.com/). This survey is the final stage of the
project, and aims to explore some of the case study findings in the wider
academic library sector.
To this end we invite you to complete this short survey (10 minutes) and
share your views and experiences at your library.

This survey is open to all higher education librarians. We particularly
encourage academic liaison librarians, or individuals in a similar position, to
complete the survey. Please feel free to pass on this survey to colleagues at
your library.
Please follow this link https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/lboro/sage-scand  to
take part. The survey will remain open until 16th May 2012.

For any questions please contact us at [log in to unmask]

Thank you.

LISU research team.

http://libraryvalue.wordpress.com/