Help for ESFO-L Archives

ESFO-L Archives

Subject: Anthropology position at Waikato
From: Michael Goldsmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 May 2010 16:58:18 +1200

Friends and colleagues:

Apologies for cross-posting.

After an agonisingly long wait, our University has approved a new
appointment in Anthropology at Associate Professor/Professor level. We
apologise to all of you who applied or contacted us over two months ago when
the job was originally advertised at Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor
level but withdrawn almost immediately for reasons best known to senior
management. We encourage re-application if you feel the new position
description fits you and we hope that this message is circulated to anyone
whom you think may be interested.

Regards,

Mike Goldsmith (with Judy Macdonald)

http://www.waikato.ac.nz/hrm/vacancies/current.shtml

300016 ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR
Anthropology Programme
School of Social Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

We are seeking a senior academic leader with a proven record of excellence
in research and teaching to strengthen and develop our core areas of
expertise in Anthropology in a New Zealand and Pacific setting and increase
our research capacity.

The University was ranked second in New Zealand in Anthropology in the most
recent external research assessment exercise and the appointee will be
expected to enhance our already strong research profile.

Offering qualifications from undergraduate through to PhD level, our
Anthropology programme is concerned particularly with sociocultural
anthropology. The Pacific region, with its diverse peoples and lifeways,
both indigenous and settler, is the main focus of our teaching and research.

Applicants must have a PhD, a well established national and international
profile and an excellent record of research and publication in Oceanic
ethnography and current methods and theories in anthropology.  Field
experience in Oceania is preferred.

Enquiries of an academic nature should be directed Dr Judith Macdonald,
email

Applications close on Thursday, 15 July 2010.

For more information and to apply, visit our website
http://jobs.waikato.ac.nz