Subject: IFLASTAT Library Statistics for Advocacy - Workshop in Gothenburg
From: Britt Omstedt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 May 2010 12:17:13 +0200

Dear colleages,

I'd like to invite you to join our workshop in Gothenburg. Registration is
now open!
----------------------------------
Library Statistics for Advocacy –
A Capacity Building Workshop for Librarians and Library Associations

If we want to put our libraries on the agenda, we need numbers, statistics
and evidence to prove our point and underline our arguments - whenever we
communicate with politicians, funding bodies or library stakeholders.

If you work with (or are about to build) a library association,
if you are responsible for library statistics in your district or country,
 if you work in a library agency or administration -
or if you just want to learn something about the power of numbers for your
own library -

this one-day workshop will help you to improve your skills and build up
your competences.

The workshop will cover the following questions:

§	Why should we study statistics?
§	Which aspects of library work should we focus on?
§	How can we collect reliable data?
§	How can we interpret the data we have?
§	How can we present the data to make our point?

Working methods include short presentations, discussions, case studies and
practical exercises in small groups and in 4 different languages.

There will be five parallel workshops in groups of ca. 15 people.
Languages available will be English, Spanish, Russian and possibly
Chinese. Please indicate your preferred languages during registration.