Subject: More anti-war signatures needed immediately!
From: Lennart Wettmark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:34:41 +0200

>>> [log in to unmask] 2002-10-08 01:59:10 >>>
As war approaches on bloody cat's paws, with quiet inevitability, ready to
pounce at a moment's notice, we need more signers for the petition of
librarians opposing pre-emptive military "blitzkrieg" against Iraq. Please
sign if you haven'talready,  or pass on the URL of the web site/sign up to
others personally or on other  lists.

The URL is  http://www.libr.org/peace/Iraq.Sept.2002.html.

On Monday 10/7/02 ay 8PM we have 842 signatures.

Let's aim for a thousand voices of collective opposition  from the library
and archives professional world against wanton destructiion and senseless
violence and death.

Time is of the essence.  President Bush is about to make his pronunciamento
to the world on the global media. Let us be prepared with as strong a
response as possible. ANd then, we must seek appropriate ways to resist
the madness of militarism and accompanying authoritarianism.

Mark C. Rosenzweig
ALA Councilor at large (for ID purposes)
co-editor and founder, 'Progressive Librarian' journal
repeatedly elected Action Councilor to the Social Responsibilities Round
Table (SRRT) of ALA